DVO digesters take organic waste in an oxygen-deprived environment and convert it into clean energy and other related value-added products. DVO digesters digest dairy waste in an oxygen-deprived environment and capture the methane rich gas produced during the process. This biogas is either used to generate electricity or is cleaned into pipeline quality natural gas. It is also possible to utilize the biogas as Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) to fuel motor vehicles. The byproducts are nutrient rich water and biosolids.
- DVO is America’s largest designer of anaerobic digestion systems, with more than 100
installations in 17 states. DVO digesters process waste of more than 200,000 dairy cows.
- DVO is reliable and provides exceptional performance, producing on average 115 ft3/day
of biogas per milking cow, which is significantly more than a standard covered lagoon
- DVO digesters are underground, taking advantage of the earth’s natural insulating
properties to keep microorganisms functioning at their highest levels of efficiency.
- DVO’s patented Two-Stage Mixed Plug Flow technology combines and refines the mixed and
plug flow processes into one optimal solution that delivers the most reliable and
complete digestion on the market. This is achieved by maintaining optimal temperatures
and guaranteed retention time.
- The DVO digester is certified “Newtrient Recognized”.
- True renewable energy in the form of electricity or natural gas by anaerobic
digestating of waste and processing methane.
- Reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Reduction in odor.
- Numerous renewable energy credits can be earned by using CNG as a transportation
- Electrical generation produces plenty of excess heat that can be used for heating or
- Possibility of removal of up to 75% of nitrogen ammonia and 90% of phosphorus from organic waste.
- Digested organic waste (biosolids) can be used as bedding or soil additive.